An award-winning Financial Services organisation based in County Durham.
This is a brand new permanent role. Primarily you will ensure all investments held by the Trustee are appropriately valued and trading in pooled funds is conducted fairly.
You will focus on making the position your own and shaping the position whilst building strong relationships with key stakeholders. This will be a visible role and an opportunity for the right individual to become the “glue”.
Reporting into the Head of Accounting who has been with the organisation for 8+ years and recently appointed following a re-design of the overall function. Embraced positively the team is very personable and made up of six Function Managers and six Assistants. As a very established team they are seen as an “enabler” to the wider business.
- Contract management of any external valuer’s appointed to value assets
- Provide challenge and scrutiny to any valuations provided
- Provision of valuation, trading and section cash flow information to Fair Value Pricing Committee as required
- Setting and maintenance of the trading rules and operating parameters of the pooled funds - ensure treat all clients fairly and rules are efficient and effective from an operational point of view
- Ensure that valuations for non-quoted assets are robust and independent from the front office.Provide scrutiny and challenge for externally sourced valuations
- Setting and maintenance of the fair value pricing and valuation policy for all asset classes - ensure represents best practice and all asset classes are covered
- Provide regular valuations for any assets not managed by an external manager or for dates where a valuation isn't provided
- Demonstration of adherence to all policies and procedures with regards to valuation and unit trading
- Accurate and timely processing of section trades, including BUTS, and the quarterly rebalancing thereof
- A good standard of education to include GCSE English and Maths or equivalent
- Educated to degree standard
- Professional accounting qualification (CA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA) - 5 yr. PQE
- At least 3-5 years’ experience of working within an investment/financial services
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent analytical and investigative skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written ability to explain complex tax concepts in a non-complex manner
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills and attention to detail
- Ability to interpret and follow complex tax rulings
- Good understanding of trading and investment dealing
- Good understanding of private market structures and valuation methodologies
- Role is County Durham based, but will require a little travel to a London office
- 28 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday
- Flexible working
- Defined benefit pension scheme (equivalent to a Final salary)