A Top 200 Value Added Reseller (SME) based in Luton, Bedfordshire.
This is your chance to join a well-established, customer-focused IT services company and work in a 'non-call centre', tightly knit service desk team. The role is responsible for providing IT infrastructure support in Microsoft (windows) environments to external (paying) customers both remotely (80%) and on-site (20%) with lots of opportunity to get involved with new technologies.
Being part of a small, friendly and supportive team, you will work in a smart, modern office environment, supported with a robust on-boarding process to get you up and running quickly and support you continually to progress your skills and career development.
You will have involvement in the overall business strategy and opportunity to contribute your own ideas. The work will be varied and you will have the chance to get involved in new things to expand your experience. You will be “visible” in a small business and be recognised for the difference you make.
- Resolving critical / P1 incidents and the most complex tickets - resolving problems in voice and data networks troubleshooting, correcting hardware and software problems
- Act as the point of escalation for First and Second line IT technicians
- Supporting and mentoring junior colleagues (First and Second Line)
- Auditing customer sites and producing / maintaining the technical reference documentation
- Customer visits supported by sales people/ Presales technical consultancy through a solution focused approach
- Expert level IT infrastructure support
- Customer service experience gained in a Reseller / MSP environment
- Experience working within an End User environment is also considered
- Experienced in Server, Office365 & Cloud migrations
- Experience working with Azure or AWS would be nice, but not essential
- Advanced Server Administration; Active Directory and Group Policy administration, DNS, DHCP
- Advance Knowledge of Office 365 Administration & Troubleshooting
- PowerShell Scripting would be nice
- Customer service experience gained in a reseller / MSP environment
- IT security - endpoint and network solutions would be nice
- Virtualisation, infrastructure refreshes and upgrades
- MCSA or MCSE accredited would be nice, but not necessarily essential if relevant experience reflects capability
- Ability to mentor and provide leadership to First and Second Line Support staff
- Comfortable managing projects and supporting Account Managers on client site and happy to take the initiative with meeting stakeholders
Working knowledge of relevant technologies:
- Windows Server 2012 | 2016 | 2019, Windows 10, Internet Information Services Administration, Exchange administration, Managing Active Directory & Group Policy
- Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint - installation, configuration, data migration, administration
- Hypervisor Technology - VMWare & Hyper V
- Networking - Firewall rules, LAN, WAN and VLAN configuration & troubleshooting.
- Network and Endpoint security solutions and protocols
- Storage Technologies - NAS Systems - connectivity and administration
- Backup Systems - Veeam or similar, VSS Administration and trouble shooting
- Internet connectivity (ADSL, Fibre, Leased Line & MPLS)