An award-winning Financial Services organisation based in County Durham.
This is a chance to provide a continual technical learning and development capability dedicated to the Administration function. This role will work closely with the Administration team, People team, and the Change function ensuring their people have the appropriate training and development to optimise their delivery.
You will report directly to a leading Quality Assurance Manager. The scope of the L&D role is limited to “technical and process content” and not softer skills (customer service skills etc.).
The QA function is a brand new team. The direct report is defining a quality framework where expectation is to create close links with SME’s across the business. Essentially, it will be up to these SME’s to provide input into training materials and support with training / floor walking etc. as this is part of their role profile.
- Through 2020 the key focus for this team is finalising the transformation program. During this time, you will work with the Business Analysts and SME’s to ensure that the team build a knowledge bank to support all new world processes - this must be the “go to” place to find information about their new ways of working, essentially this will be an online library of detailed operational procedures and FAQ’s.
- In addition, the team will build online training courses for all of their key processes too (using the same content as the operational procedure knowledge materials - one source of the truth is key!).There will be a third party supplier to build the training courses.As L&D Lead you will ensure that these courses are fit for purpose and align with the skills & knowledge matrices and learning objectives for each process and role.The skills and knowledge matrices will need to be defined and agree based on the operational procedure maps.
- The training strategy is to utilise the Learning Management System as much as possible to drive consistency in processing and to minimise impact on SME’s.You will relaunch the LMS, but only when satisfied that it is fit for purpose, until then they are using other training methods, classroom based supported by SMEs etc.The content held within training courses and the knowledge bank is to be owned by SME’s.
- Ultimately, the team will ensure that the operational procedure and associated training courses are kept up-to-date and will ensure that updates are planned in advance of change to ensure that the end users are trained or made aware in advance of a change being implemented. The L&D Lead will assess the impact of change, agree changes to skills matrices following change and agree the training strategy & plan to ensure that change is implemented successfully.
- A good standard of education, to include GCSE English and Maths or equivalent;
- Is customer service focused, with plenty of drive, energy and enthusiasm;
- Working knowledge and experience utilising online learning tools and technology;
- Strong facilitation, coaching, consulting, and presentation skills;
- Analytical, with a good attention to detail;
- Excellent time management and project management skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong working knowledge and use of learning evaluation methods to assess learning transfer.
- Pension qualification (PMI);
- Degree / CIPD or equivalent level qualification - desirable;
- Prepared to undertake additional development to enhance Training ability.
26 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday, defined benefit pension scheme, 5% discretionary group wide bonus.
There is an excellent opportunity to grow your own skills and developing a rewarding career in this organisation.