An award-winning Financial Services organisation based in County Durham.
For this newly created role, you will help develop and shape the strategy of the group by developing evidence-based arguments and translating these into a high quality and concise dialogue.
Primarily you will be the “go to” person responsible for ensuring that strategies and business cases are built on robust quantitative and qualitative evidence bases and will seek out and highlight novel evidence, leading the organisation to new insights.
You will monitor strategic alignment across the group. Where differences of opinion exist within the business, and you will search for evidence which confirms or disconfirms either or both views, or which leads to a deeper understanding, which resolves the difference of opinion.
The successful candidate will work alongside the Director of Strategy within a small team and closely interact with senior management and other functions.
- Monitor the organisation and its environment to identify new evidence, insights and sources of evidence on an ongoing basis;
- Proactively highlight any evidence which emerges and which would seem to be both novel and relevant, and suggest areas which need further investigation;
- Conduct ‘deep dive’ research into topics of interest which emerge from the Trustee, Board or Executive strategic agenda;
- Develop compelling arguments, translating these into a high-quality dialogue with the business and actionable insights;
- Evaluate business cases by ensuring plans are built on robust evidence bases;
- Develop and maintain scenarios for use in evaluating strategic options;
- Build quantitative data models to support forecasting, sensitivity analysis and scenario analysis;
- Develop materials and agendas for Executive and Business Unit strategy days;
- Maintain knowledge, data and insights within the Strategic Development team’s knowledge management system.
- Educated to degree level;
- You will have proven experience working in either Accounting, Management Consultancy, Retail Strategic Consultancy, PMO, Change Management or as a Strategic or Research Analyst. Or if you are working in Pensions and are keen to move into a Strategic position;
- Experience of undertaking strategic analysis or strategic consultancy within companies is important;
- Experience and knowledge of the financial services industry (including pensions investments);
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative and think creatively;
- Have an ability to grasp detail and to balance this with an understanding of the bigger picture;
- Knowledge of strategic analysis tools, methods and frameworks;
- Research - Have an ability to source, absorb and interpret a wide range of data and information from inside and outside the business and develop strategic insights
- Analytical skills - You will have strong numerical and analytical competence and an ability to build quantitative data models to support strategic analysis
- Being MS Excel proficient is important;
- Reporting and Presentation - An ability to convey complex information clearly and simply to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Be comfortable working with MS PowerPoint
- Stakeholder Management - An ability to establish and nurture relationships throughout the organisation and wider industry.
28 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday, defined benefit pension scheme, 5% discretionary group wide bonus.
There is an excellent opportunity to grow your own skills and developing a rewarding career in this organisation.