A leading services provider with technology crucial to their customer’s success.
This is an exciting position for the right person to join an established but growing Software Development team. We are looking for a “rising star” and someone who is passionate as Senior Software Developer, comfortable working in a disciplined team.
You’ll work in a highly collaborative way, leading by example, able to teach best practice and are open to sharing ideas and learning from other team members to turn designs into functioning applications that ultimately customers will use daily.
Naturally you will be a decent communicator, happy working with multiple stakeholders at varying levels in the business, across the project lifecycle, You will be able to navigate through complex problems, constructively able to challenge the opinions of others, always striving for perfection and making decisions to get the job done.
- Consistently, write clean, semantic, well-formed and tested code that is reusable and scalable;
- Ensuring that code is written in such a way that it exploits the frameworks that are in use and is consistent with our practices and patterns;
- Work both individually and collaboratively, to ensure that deadlines for all projects that you work on, are met;
- Curious to keep up-to-date with latest tools, trends and techniques from across the industry;
- Be a willing participant in peer reviews of pull requests, to ensure that quality code is released;
- Mentor junior team members; teaching them best practice, encouraging collaboration and enabling them to flourish.
It should be duly noted this client is not looking for just a Senior Software Developer who follows the crowd, they are an inclusive team and want a person who will contribute to the company’s overall strategic goals and for the right person to make a difference. A fresh approach, new ideas and personality are always welcome.
- Educated in a related field of study;
- 3+ years “hands on” Laravel experience within an in-house team or agency;
- Proven experience of integrating with systems of varying levels of complexity (e.g. REST & SOAP API’s);
- In-depth knowledge of HTML, CSS and Vue.js;
- An ability to think and act quickly, to prioritise and resolve critical issues as they arise, with minimal disruption;
- A passion for “everything” programming with user experience an important consideration towards what you do;
- A working understanding of version control systems (e.g. Git) and basic MySQL admin;
- Knowledge and experience of cross browser testing and an awareness of W3C accessibility standards.