A multi award-winning organisation based in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, their goal is to empower the latest methods, technology and expertise in the market.
Technology is crucial to their day to day activities and their customer’s success. Being a leader for delivering excellence, they have the expertise and experience developed across the UK. Providing a personal service to their customers, they continuously have a customer and employee focused vision enabling them to work with a wide range of prestigious organisations.
This is an exciting position for a talented Software Developer to be based from their Newcastle office, joining their already established and cross-disciplinary development team. You will be you will be a key player in their Software Development function, teaching best practice and learning from other team members to turn designs into functioning applications.
The company is strengthening their team for you to take on this fresh new challenge.
- Turn designs into functioning applications that your customers will use daily
- Consistently write clean, semantic, well-formed and tested code that is re-usable and scalable. Ensuring that the code is written in such a way that it exploits the frameworks that are in use and is consistent with their practices and patterns
- You will work both individually and collaboratively, to ensure that all deadlines are met
- Leading by example and teaching best practice to other colleagues- including sharing new ideas and technologies
- Support your junior team members; teaching them best practice, encouraging collaboration and enabling them to flourish in their role
- Working directly with numerous stakeholders of the business, at varying levels, across the project lifecycle
- Act quickly and effectively to prioritise and resolve critical issues as they arise, with minimal disruption
- Have an ability to navigate through complex problems and come up with great solutions
- You’re able to constructively challenge the opinions of others and bring new ideas to the table
- For this role you will be comfortable demonstrating your knowledge within Laravel and indepth knowledge of HTML, CSS and preferably Vue.js
- Experience of integrating with systems of varying levels of complexity including REST & SOAP API’s
- You will propose the best technical solutions to improve the fit between products and their Customers products
- 3 + years’ experience with Laravel within an in-house team or an agency
- A passionate within all tasks you carry out
- Experience integrating with systems of varying levels of complexity including REST & SOAP API’s
- A passion for programming with user experience being at the forefront of everything you do
- A working understanding of version control systems (e.g. Git) and basic MySQL administration
- Knowledge and experience of cross browser testing and an awareness of W3C accessibility standards
- A compensation package that matches your qualifications, including a competitive salary
- 23 annual leave days plus 8 bank holidays, with an option to buy more!
- Death in service- 3x your annual salary
- Subsidised healthcare cover
- Bonus Scheme
- Dress down Fridays
- Social events and company trips away
- Flexible working hours with the odd occasion working from home