A Global business with a reputation for excellence in the design and manufacture of specialist equipment and the delivery of through life engineering solutions for the Mining, Oil and Gas, Power Generation and general Industrial markets.
The Public Cloud Engineer is a senior level engineer within the Group Infrastructure team that designs, architects, and implements Microsoft Azure solutions. These solutions will follow best practices keeping the companies strategic vision and business agility in mind.
Reporting into the Infrastructure Manager you will work across the enterprise to coordinate with the various stakeholders and cross functional team members in a highly distributed international environment.
Task and Responsibilities
- Design, deploy, and maintain Microsoft Azure products and services across multiple tenants and subscriptions;
- Design Azure deployments based on business requirements within the proper guidelines and security requirements set forth by the company;
- Day-to-day management of multiple Azure tenants and subscriptions;
- Design and report on capacity, growth, and expenditures within the environment;
- Create and maintain detailed technical documentation;
- Creation and execution of maintenance plans designed to keep systems up to date, while keeping with our published service level agreements;
- Participate in the design and maintenance of the companies enhanced data recovery solutions;
- Respond to system outages and crisis events as needed;
- Stay up-to -date with the latest changes in Public cloud technologies;
- Key role in building the companies DevOps environment.
- Provide robust solutions while adhering to an advanced security posture;
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills both verbal and written;
- Exhibits strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Proactively looks for process improvement;
- Demonstrate ability to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience;
- Exceptional customer first mind set in all work.
- Bachelor's degree in IT or computer engineering or equivalent experience;
- Experience designing and managing infrastructure systems specifically Microsoft Azure related;
- Extensive hands on experience working in Microsoft Windows environments. Deep understanding of computer networks including routing, switching, and network security;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with Microsoft Azure;
- Experience with Azure App Services and CI/CD;
- Good knowledge of Azure Site Recovery Manager and overall experience in migrating on-premise workloads to the cloud;
- Experience with deployment tools such as Terraform;
- Deep and demonstrable experience with Azure CLI and PowerShell;
- Deep understanding and working experience in DevOps;
- Extensive understanding of IT security;
- Excellent understanding of Windows Server 2012 and higher;
- Knowledge of Azure Active Directory (AD) for authentication and federation;
- Knowledge of firewalls and general networking architecture as related to Microsoft Azure;
- Excellent writing and documentation skills;
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: