A Global leader in the Design & Manufacturer of Advanced Components & Solutions for Audio Devices in the Electronic Manufacturing industry in The Netherlands.
As Senior Product Development Engineer, you will be a key player in the development of acoustical based sensor products. The position requires you to work on both technical details and their integration to come to a feasible product, while cooperating with other colleagues and partners in and outside the Netherlands. You constantly balance the technical possibilities with the customer’s quality and time requirements.
Working in project teams on the development of acoustical-based sensor products, and are involved in a large part of the process, from concept design to production. As you are working with leading experts and Lean techniques are consistently applied in the projects, you catch on and learn fast. Responsibilities will include:
- Generating multiple concepts for which you do physical and electrical feasibility studies, develop relevant measurement setups using theoretical models, simulations and prototype verification;
- Advise on design related boundaries and impact on product level, while performing research on technologies, materials and external developments;
- Interact with quality colleagues to define test plans and consult on acoustical process and design related potential failure modes;
The high level of uncertainty in the early phases of the R&D cycle does not scare you off, but spices your energy to tackle the challenge. You’re hands-on and result driven mentality shows with initiative, and taking the lead. Your enthusiasm makes you a great team member, so you can interact and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people with different backgrounds. Other qualities we ask for are:
- A Master degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Applied physics or related technical fields;
- At least 5-10 years of working experience that gave you thorough understanding of the acoustical sensor process and the correlations between process and product;
- Work independently on relatively complex assignments with multidisciplinary project teams;
- Independently performing feasibility and/or achievability studies using simulation tools, experiments, literature etc.
- Independently performing and assessing risk analyses of the product that is to be manufactured;
- Knowledge of characterization of electrical bench testing on product level, instrumentation, measurement setups and acoustics;
- Familiar with numerical and analytical modelling (e.g. Matlab, Pspice, Comsol or ANSYS).
A compensation package that matches your qualifications, including a competitive salary, 27 vacation days, 13 rota free days and 8% holiday allowance.