Superior Recruitment Group are looking for an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer for our client based in Glasgow. This is a full time permanent role.
Purpose of the Role
Your main responsibilities of the role are to provide electrical and controls technical expertise for the projects and products designed within the division, from top level design through to detailed design, component selection and verification. You will also manage and control all electrical & control procurement, documentation and information release and any other activities that are in line with project requirements. An intrinsic element of the role will be to provide support to the Workshop during build and test activities involving electrical and controls technical input.
Level of Supervision
The role will report to the Engineering Manager. However, as a Senior Engineer role the incumbent is expected to be a self-starter and capable of prioritising and completing work assignments with minimal oversight
- Technical support role for electrical and control department for projects and products
- Planning of contract electrical and control design activities to achieve project and department deadlines
- Specification/selection/verification of components
- Creation and control of hardware and software design for projects and products.This includes but is not limited to the production of Functional Design Specifications that can be used to in-source or out-source the procurement, build and test of relevant products and systems
- Creation and control of instructions for manufacture, assembly and test
- Factory and site testing and commissioning including demonstration of control systems to clients
- Review and advise corrective actions for manufacture, assembly and test issues.
- Be mindful of product/project costs and drive to optimise the cost-effectiveness of proposed designs
- Ensure adherence to health and safety standards in compliance with company policy to ensure safe working environment
- It should be noted that as a Senior Engineer the incumbent may be required to supervise and mentor more junior discipline engineers and to check their work
Essential / Required
- Previous experience in Control System Design, PLC programming, Instrumentation specification and selection and Electrical System design.
- CAD experience, preferably Solidworks and/or ACAD
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of software programming and high volume systems, knowledge of process industry specifications and standards and experience of hazardous area specification and standards all advantageous
- Capable of working to time limits and achieving high level of on-time deliverables
- Experienced and disciplined in use of appropriate project controls for Engineering works; drawing registers, design packages etc
- Must be capable and confident to produce clear FDS documents
To apply, please submit your up to date CV.