Superior Recruitment Group are looking for an experienced Senior Contracts Engineer for our client based in Bedford.
You will take ownership and co-ordination of workshop overhaul, spares manufacturing and site activities. Ensure that quality of workmanship and that internal and external client communications are to a high standard. Excellent attention to detail on all documentation along with the ability to write and review engineering workshop reports.
Duties will include but are not limited to:-
- Responsible for ensuring on time delivery and commercial commitments to customer’s expectations
- Compilation of documentation giving clear work instruction and dimensional reporting requirements.
- Undertake contract review to establish work scope requirements
- Prepare condition assessment reports where required
- Prepare quotations/tenders in line with customer requirements
- Procurement of materials, spares and third party actions/services to meet delivery requirements
- Commercially manage jobs to maximize margins
- Customer liaison with regards to progress of work, commercial issues and component supply
- When required, planning of activities to meet customer requirements, contract deadlines and output requirements
- Order book management, to ensure compliance with customer order requirement, progress reports and maintain output targets in line with monthly forecasts
- Prepare job files for timely invoicing, final sign off and closure
- Understanding, adherence and reporting to Company and Customer HSEQ procedures, policies and systems.
- Liaise directly with the site staff and other sections of business during site works
- Liaise with the QA Inspector regarding material non conformances and concession reports
- Final inspection release of repair orders
- Issue repair summary costs to client
- Issue close out reports
- Initiate Lessons Learnt Opportunities
- Available to work extended hours to meet operational needs.
- Guiding and coaching inexperienced team members
- Any reasonable request of Management
The ideal candidate will have the following experience/qualifications:-
- Minimum HNC in a Mechanical Engineering discipline (desirable)
- Significant experience of working in an engineering environment (essential)
- Commercial awareness (essential)
- Security cleared or capable of obtaining security clearance (essential)
- Fluent English (essential)
- Knowledge of rotating equipment (essential)
- Strong level of mechanical comprehension, Ability to read technical drawings (essential)
- Good IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (essential)
- Good commercial awareness with the ability to review contractual terms and conditions (essential)
- Able to work within approved budget (essential)
- Able to prioritise and plan work activities for self and others to meet individual, team and departmental objectives (essential)
To apply, please submit your up to date CV.