My Client is an established global engineering solutions company with a UK manufacturing facility in the Warrington area. With a history of over 100 years, they operate in engineering solutions for vehicles and machinery with offices on almost every continent on the planet. They are one of the most successful and well trusted companies to work for and have experienced tremendous growth over the past year with 2020 forecast to be a record breaking year.
Due to growth, they are now looking to add to their Fluid Power Technical Department at their Warrington site. A Technical Sales Engineer is now required on a permanent basis to help support clients demands and enjoy the challenge of further expanding their client base.
This really is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Sales Engineer, to join a globally successful business, which can offer career progression, international travel to their other sites and skill development.
- Acting as a key technical liaison between manufacturer and customer accounts
- Producing Technical Selections, quotations / sales proposals
- Applications engineering – Reviewing a customer application and offering complete supply of fluid power & potentially mechanical products to a system utilising the companies industry leading product range
- Technical support to customers and end-users from enquiry stage through to delivery, installation & operation
- Direct communication with Engineering and Purchasing teams within customer accounts
- Contract reviews, Technical handover to Production & project kick-off meetings to ensure the specification is correct prior to supply.
- Real-time liaison & technical and commercial assessment of supply chain
- Small modifications to standard product in order to replace competitor or obsolete products
To be considered:
- Qualifications in Mechanical Engineering OR Experience in fluid power Technical sales
- Comfortable with basic calculations & formulae (BODMAS)
- Broad knowledge of hydraulic products & applications
- Technical selection experience from application or product data
- Experience in Understanding & Ideally drawing hydraulic circuits
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Technical report writing
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer focus
- An understanding of the commercial side of engineering
What will you receive:
- Annual company bonus
- Competitive pension scheme
- Death in service
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days + bank holidays (days to increase to 30 after time served)
If this role is of interest and you believe you are suitable, please call Tom Wiper 0191 3389100