My Client is a highly successful food manufacturing company with two operating facilities based in North Yorkshire. They are a true brand name in their field and have experienced impressive growth over recent years with further growth plans projected. An exciting opportunity has arisen at their Ripon facility for a Maintenance Engineer with an electrical bias to join their company on a permanent basis.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join a company that is forward thinking, friendly and can genuinely offer career progression and further training to help develop your career.
They have invested and continue to invest heavily in new machinery to keep them at the forefront of their industry.
The role will be to work an initial 12 hour day shift Monday –Friday, during peak, with the view of changing to a 6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm rotation, responsible for the PPM and reactive maintenance on all plant machinery to keep downtime to a minimum.
The main duties will include:
- To prioritise maintenance of plant and equipment as necessary to ensure the effective running of the production facility.
- To take direct responsibility for fault diagnosis, rectification and modification of production plant and machinery.
- To respond quickly and effectively to plant and machinery breakdowns.
- To read layout, electrical, pneumatic and mechanical drawings.
- To develop and adhere to the site PPM programme, implementing and recommending improvements.
- To support the successful introduction of new manufacturing equipment and services.
- To operate panel vision driven equipment.
- To liaise with Maintenance Manager to arrange the purchase of equipment, materials and/or parts as necessary.
- To contribute to the compilation and production of work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- To comply with Company policies, health & safety and quality & hygiene standards.
- To contribute to and participate in company efficiency and improvement activities in line with site objectives.
- To provide reasonable holiday and sickness absence cover in line with company requirements.
- To carry out additional and/or other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
To be considered for the role you must have/be:
- Time served and/or completed a recognised electrical qualification (City & Guilds, ONC/HNC)
- Previous experience in FMCG manufacturing (production line environment)
- Capable of working independently or as part of a team
- Ability to take responsibility for running of shift
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to use initiative and organise own workload
- Ability to demonstrate ability to solve problems
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- PLC fault finding experience
- 18th Edition qualified
If you are interested and wish to know more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Superior Recruitment 0191 3389100