Superior Recruitment Group are looking to recruit an experienced Lead Cost Control/Estimator for our client based in Aberdeen. This is a full time permanent role.
Reporting directly to the Business Services Manager, the purpose of this role is to be responsible for preparing cost estimates by analysing proposals, as well as assisting and developing procedures to create solid platforms for financial reporting. This includes day to day financial control of assigned projects and ensuring adherence to budgets for projects.
Duties will include but are not limited to:-
- Gathering proposals, blueprints and other related documents
- Identifying labour, material and time requirements and computing costs
- Working closely with Project Managers and discipline leads to control and verify project costs throughout all phases of the project
- Create invoice documents and cost reports for both clients and internally for distribution
- Reviewing contracts and purchase orders from clients and to understand all aspects and dynamics affecting the project
- Daily/weekly reporting of costings to Project Manager
- Follow up the Project Manager and discipline leads, confirming status and plans for job packages, hours and any other costs relating to the project
- Liaising with client Project Manager to ensure cost approval and invoicing is completed in timely manner
- Prepare month end closing
- Any other duties as required by Business Services Manager and Senior Management
The successful Applicant will have the following experience/qualifications:-
- Minimum of 3 years' experience within the oil and gas industry
- Degree in a Finance related subject or Quantity Surveying
- Previous experience of large projects within the oil and gas industry
- Estimating project experience
- Strong capabilities in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Experience in SAP Module CO PS
- Ability to produce high quality work under strict deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and structure work tasks accordingly
To apply, please submit your up to date CV.