A leading Oil, Gas and Petro-chemical company near Darlington (close to Durham).
This well-established client who provide services to oil sites in the UK and Ireland. They developed the world’s first systems on Windows™ or VTW. They’ve come a long way since then and are in use in over 1,500 sites across the world.
Their product range has extended to include terminal automation systems, hardware devices to allow different manufacturer’s products to coexist, and electronic process management.
5+ years ago a global firm completed the purchase of our client. Although they are no longer financially independent, the 25 staff are an intimate team who work well together on their in-house developing software, designing hardware devices and servicing instruments and systems recognised in the field.
We are looking for a recent graduate and a “rising star” who is passionate about development and would like to gain experience by joining a growing and established team. Curious, who wouldn’t want to be part of a team who are pioneering and transforming within their own particular industry ?
You will learn to develop, deliver and maintain high quality and innovative software which meets client and company needs. You will learn to provide high quality advice, support and guidance to their clients and colleagues as you get up to speed.
- You will have the opportunity to build and maintain programs and systems that serve their customers;
- Become confident working independently and using own initiative;
- Be able to communicate ideas and complex designs to customers;
- Learn to interpret customer requirements into system designs;
It should be duly noted this client is not looking for just a Junior Software Engineer who follows the crowd, they are an inclusive team and want a person who wants to contribute to the company’s overall goals in time and for the right person to make a difference. A fresh approach, new ideas and personality are always welcome.
- Degree qualified or equivalent, in a STEM subject (Science, technology, engineering, and/or mathematics);
- Be a Graduate with a passion to become a developer and looking to gain experience within a stable, intimate and expanding Development team;
- Open to writing and testing code, refining and rewriting it needed;
- Learn to evaluate the software and systems that make computers and hardware operate;
- Comfortable working collaboratively with other developers, testers, salespeople, and marketing professionals;
- Happy to carrying out requirement analysis;
- Once up to speed, then able to consult clients and colleagues around the maintenance and performance of software systems with a view to writing or modifying current systems;
- Become comfortable creating technical specifications;
- Researching and investigating new technologies;
- Open to continually updating your technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications;
- Be flexible to travel, sometimes at short notice, to sites around the UK, with occasional international travel.
- Supportive work environment
- 23 days holiday (increasing to 29 days based on qualifying service)
- Family friendly policies
- Company pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme (qualifying service applies)
- Work independently and innovatively
- Be willing to engage with coaching/mentoring (if applicable), or alternatively support to less experienced colleagues
- A welcoming and supportive team culture
- Management are communicative who welcome staff feedback/input