A leading IT provider to the Oil, Gas and Petro-chemical industry near Darlington.
This well-established client provide IT services to oil sites in the UK and Ireland. They developed the world’s first systems on Windows™ or VTW. They’ve come a long way since then and are in use in over 1,500 sites across the world.
5+ years ago a multi-billion global firm completed the purchase of this client. Although they are no longer worry about financially independent the 25 staff are an closely knit team who work well together on their in-house developing software, designing hardware devices and servicing instruments and systems.
We are looking for a passionate HR Generalist who loves variety and being a
“jack of all trades” and being multi-skilled, where every day can be different on a day-to-day tactical level.
- Upkeep and maintenance of personnel records;
- Management of flexitime system;
- Focal point for recruitment from initial specification through to Induction;
- Management and review of training records;
- Ensure compliance on H&S and other legal issues;
- Focus on staff wellbeing, workstation assessments & health checks;
- Liaising and co-ordinating tasks with outsourced specialists, HR, Legal, Company secretary;
- Office management, encompassing all parts of day-to-day functionality;
- Prepare and present internal reports to management team and submit within a Group structure;
- General administration duties, spreadsheets, minute taking, organise meetings;
- Assist finance with data processing, invoices, purchase orders, statements;
- Co-ordinate and book travel.
It should be duly noted this client is not looking for just an HR Generalist who follows the crowd, they are an inclusive team and really want a person who contributes to the company’s overall goals in time and for the right person to make a difference. A fresh approach, new ideas and personality are of course always welcome.
- You will be an HR Generalist with passion and wants to be different
- Come with strong organisations skills, able to manage your own work load spread across areas whilst achieving deadlines
- Come with a hands on / Can do attitude
- Have good communication skills, comfortable building internal relationships and happy working with external contacts
- HR focus, but multi-skilled.
- Positive attitude towards training and developing would be nice
- Continuous improvement mind-set
- Experience of working in a small company or similar environment (15-30 employees) and likes the closely knit team environment
- Working history of staying within a role with longevity would be grand
- Supportive work environment
- 23 days holiday (increasing to 29 days based on qualifying service)
- Family friendly policies
- Company pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme (qualifying service applies)
- Work independently and innovatively
- A welcoming and supportive team culture
- Management are communicative who welcome staff feedback/input