An award-winning and leading investment firm in the United Kingdom.
You will be working for one of the UK’s most significant pension fund managers and this will be an exciting and newly created role for a Head of Communication. Reporting directly to the MD this is a strategic role, working in partnership, to drive forward the agenda and business priorities of the MD.
This marketing and communications function is based in Central London, and we are looking to grow their team with a rising star and someone who will be the “glue” between the organisation and its voice internally and with their industry.
- Primarily for the first year you will be instrumental in building the internal capability of the organisation moving onto the second year building externally;
- You will develop and design the strategic communications plan to support the newly created business strategy of their investment division;
- Lead media and external affairs activity for the division on a strategic level;
- Lead the internal communications function and drive forward the employee engagement agenda;
- Act as an integral part of the Senior Leadership Team and contribute more widely to help the organisation achieve its ambitious goals;
- You will have significant experience operating at a senior level within a financial services led organisation which is essential;
- Integrated communications experience encompassing internal, external and stakeholder engagement is required.
- You will promote the positive reputation of the brand as well as protecting the current image. You will do this through managing and delivering internal communications, writing content for internal communications channels and developing strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Educated to Degree standard in a relevant field of interest;
- Experienced working within a busy and dynamic environment and you will have proven practical experience working within either Corporate Pensions or Investments business within Financial Services;
- This role is responsible for a relatively small team, therefore this position will suit someone who wants to be a cog in a bigger wheel and be more hands on;
- You will be comfortable working autonomously, as well as being a team player;
- An ability to think outside the box and write with clarity is important;
- Excellent internal and external communications experience is important along with the right personality to build strong relationships with an intimate team;
- Being able to encourage a creative and innovative communication culture that looks for new ways to communicate effectively would be terrific;
- Effective in navigating the organisation ensuring the Business Communication function is seen as an enabler with the Communication Community;
- Be a strong advocate and the “go to” person for the Business internally and externally;
- Help embed an appreciation of the value of communication within the Business and wider organisation really should be a no brainer.
31 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday, private medical insurance, defined benefit pension scheme, 5% discretionary group wide bonus plus 30% personal bonus.
There is an excellent opportunity to grow your own skills and developing a rewarding career in this organisation.