A leading IT provider with major clients in the Oil, Gas and Petro-chemical industry.
This well-established client who provide services to oil sites in the UK and Ireland. They developed the world’s first systems on Windows™ or VTW. They’ve come a long way since then and are in use in over 1,500 sites across the world.
Their product range has extended to include terminal automation systems, hardware devices to allow different manufacturer’s products to coexist, and electronic process management.
5+ years ago a global firm completed the purchase of our client. Although they are no longer financially independent, the 25 staff are an intimate team who work well together on their in-house developing software, designing hardware devices and servicing instruments and systems recognised in the field.
We are looking for a recent graduate and a “rising star” who is passionate about development and would like to gain experience by joining a growing and established team. Curious, who wouldn’t want to be part of a team who are pioneering and transforming within their own particular industry ?
You will learn to develop, deliver and maintain high quality and innovative software which meets client and company needs. You will learn to provide high quality advice, support and guidance to their clients and colleagues as you get up to speed.
- This is an opportunity to build and maintain programs and systems that serve their customers;
- Become confident working independently and using own initiative;
- Be able to communicate ideas and complex designs to customers;
- Learn to interpret customer requirements into system designs;
It should be duly noted this client is not looking for just a Junior Software Engineer who follows the crowd, they are an inclusive team and want a person who wants to contribute to the company’s overall goals in time and for the right person to make a difference. A fresh approach, new ideas and personality are always welcome.
- A relevant higher education or degree qualification or equivalent experience
- In Technology | Computer Science | Mathematics | Physics;
- We would also consider you if you are close to completing your Degree and are planning ahead for your first role in industry;
- You will have a passion to be a Developer and may already have your own portfolio or pet projects that you would like to share, done in your own time;
- A passion to become an IT developer and looking to gain experience within a stable, intimate and expanding Development team;
- Ability to travel within the UK Europe and internationally (UK Driving
- licence required)
Although not essential, you might also have some experience of:
- Python, Django
- Unit testing, TDD
- Perforce Source Control
- Supportive work environment
- 23 days holiday (increasing to 29 days based on qualifying service)
- Family friendly policies
- Company pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme (qualifying service applies)
- Be willing to engage with coaching/mentoring (if applicable), or alternatively support to less experienced colleagues
- A welcoming and supportive team culture
- Management are communicative who welcome staff feedback/input