My client is a well-established engineering company that specialise in the design, installation and service of power generators throughout the UK. They have recently secured further contracts on top of their already boastful client book and so are now looking to strengthen their business with additional skilled personnel to support their client’s specifications.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Generator Engineer with an electrical bias to join their business on a permanent basis.
The primary purpose of the role will be to travel to customer sites for the electrical installation, repair or service of their generators. The idea candidate will have worked with diesel generators with experience from basic AMF to more complex peak looping and paralleling systems.
My client is offering an attractive and competitive package for the successful candidate depending on experience with a generous overtime package included on top of basic. The position comes with a service vehicle, laptop, BUPA and the chance to increase your skills and knowledge with further training provided.
- Call Out Rota – approximately 1 week in 8
- Generator servicing and maintenance at customer premises
- Generator Load Testing
- Generator & UPS commissioning
- Generator & UPS fault finding
- Generator & UPS electrical repairs
- Min 5 years experience working in the diesel generator installation field
- Min 2 years experience as a diesel generator commissioning engineer
- Knowledge of a variety of manufacturer’s equipment
- NVQ Level 3 / HNC / HND in Electronic / Electrical
- City & Guilds 2832 - 17th Edition IEE Regulations
- City & Guilds 2395 / 2396 or 2392 / 2391 - Inspect & Test
- Manufacturers Training Courses
- Working as a team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Enthusiastic and willingness to learn
- Clean Driving Licence
- Clean CRB check
If you would wish to know more details and have a confidential discussion, please contact Tom Wiper 0191 338 9100