A market leading Services provider - with technology crucial to customer’s success.
As an important part of a growing team, you will be responsible for building, delivering and maintaining high quality software applications that staff and customers can use daily.
This is an exciting role for the right person who is a “rising star” and someone who is a passionate Front End Developer comfortable working in a disciplined team.
Collaborating with a Product team, you will provide your own an opinion (in terms of what is and isn’t feasible), and work alongside Back-end Software Developers to help reduce duplication of code through creation of re-usable assets.
Great attention to detail and someone who always looks for perfection within timescales needed will support you in getting this job.
- Work as key member of the Software Development function, being instrumental in producing software applications utilising your skills, knowledge, the appropriate technologies and code (PHP (Laravel), HTML, CSS, Vue.js, jQuery and other necessary technologies/languages if required);
- You will consistently write clean, semantic, well-formed and tested code that is re-usable, scalable and in alignment with their Coding Standards, practices and patterns;
- Comfortable working both individually and as part of a team, ensuring that you or the team are working to meet deadlines set by the Group Technical Lead and keeping him abreast to daily progress, and any impediments to progress;
- Quick to advise on any potential flaws that you become aware of, in their applications or hosting environments, that could, if compromised, cause a detrimental impact, towards the business;
- To communicate effectively and work collaboratively with team members, the Group Technical Lead and other key people within the business, at the appropriate points throughout the project lifecycle;
- To ensure that you have a full understanding of your current allocated project, and that any queries or concerns that you have are flagged to relevant people;
- To utilise all available resources, including that of search engines, the wider development community and colleagues, to resolve barriers to issues that you may encounter throughout your tactical day-to-day activities.
It should be duly noted this client is not looking for just a Front End Software Developer who follows the crowd; they are an inclusive team and want a person who will contribute to the company’s overall strategic goals and for the right person to make a difference. A fresh approach, new ideas and personality are always welcome.
- Degree in Information Technology or a related field of study;
- Working knowledge of PHP, particularly in Laravel, within a business or agency environment;
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and preferably, our chosen front-end framework Vue.js;
- Working knowledge of Version Control Systems (preferably Git) would be nice;
- Working knowledge of MySQL would be great;
- Knowledge and experience of cross-browser testing would be nice;
- An awareness of W3C WCAG, and how to implement these would be nice;
- An awareness of user experience;
- The ability to think and act quickly, to prioritise and resolve critical issues, providing quick solutions to minimise disruption to colleagues and customers, and longer-term fixes as appropriate after the event to maintain quality;
- Individually disciplined, an ability to strive for perfection and make decisions to ultimately get the job done within deadlines.