A market leading Blue Chip Oil & Gas organisation based in Aberdeen.
A recognised market leader with expertise and experience developed in the harsh and technically demanding environment of the offshore oil and gas industry in the North Sea, Gulf of Mexico, and West Africa and Caspian regions.
Their experienced IT team’s presence is solidified within the bones of the company, continuously recognised for their achievements throughout the business and religiously ahead of their market curve.
Our client are looking for a passionate ERP Developer who will work within a key function within their company. This position is joining an already established IT team and you will be responsible for the development of their ERP including interfaces to applications/reporting.
They are planning a significant upgrade to their ERP system and therefore would like to recruit the right individual to manage this upgrade. The project will likely take 3 years from start-to-finish. Following completion of this upgrade. The role will continue with the ERP lifecycle management (e.g. future patches, fixing bugs, interface with the business, continual improvement/changes from feedback from the business, training - repeat).
From day one you will get up to speed with the project and the business upon starting, bring in the upgrade (working very closely with the business) and then working on the ERP system on an ongoing basis. You will play a very important role for the company, being involved in every aspect of the journey and decision making process.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a passionate IT team, in a warm, friendly environment, but professional team who work to a high standard.
- Reporting into the Group IT / Business Systems Manager, you will be involved in all aspects of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) lifecycle management including analysis, design, integration, customisation, development, deployment, testing, training and support;
- You will be involved in business process analysis/design and technical realisation through ERP;
- Completing of ERP updates and engagement with all organisation levels to deliver solid solutions;
- Delivering proposal, integration and deployment of 3rd party ERP modules;
- Being technically strong, you will be an excellent analyst and communicator, apt at analysing/proposing business process improvement and leading the technical implementation process;
- You will analysis, design, development, implementation and maintain the Syspro (ERP system) including the database back-end;
- Your ability to working closely with key business stakeholders to design and implement processes and systems, ensuring strategic business goals are met will help you get this job;
- Educated with a Computing Science related degree;
- Be an expert in ERP systems and strong practical experience working in an influential role in the implementation or the upgrade of ERP systems (specification, customisation, implementation, liaising with 3rd party specialists), straddling both writing the spec and coding;
- You will spend time out in the business, not least to integrate the ERP upgrade into the organisation into the business, train etc., so the right personality and temperament will be important to conduct this;
- There will be some international travel required (to other International branches), although not be very often, this will feature as part of the role;
- Strong on analysis and development of solutions in an ERP environment;
- Your demonstrable technical skills within a Microsoft environment including applications development (Visual Studio, SQL Server) are important;
- Come with a passion for all things ERP development, deployment, customisation and integration, along with a capability with business analysis and process design;
- Your presentation and communication skills are a pre-requisite
- Relevant Certification;
- Whilst significant experience with ERP systems is important, specific experience with our client’s ERP system (Syspro) is not essential (although an advantage);
- Experience of Business Improvement Methodology (Lean, Just in Time Manufacturing etc.) would be beneficial, but is not essential.
- Equally, experience of manufacturing companies in O&G would also be attractive, but not essential.
- Experience of manufacturing, distribution and sales IT;
- Microsoft SQL Server database development.