Superior Recruitment are currently looking for Electrical Field Service Engineers to join a leading Oil and Gas Equipment servicing company on a permanent basis.
This role is located in the Central Lowlands area of Scotland, but will include international travel.
- The Service Engineer will be responsible for the service, maintenance, installation and repair of Electrical / PLC systems.
- Attend breakdowns and undertake fault finding.
- Identifying faults and repairing products to enable ‘Set to work’.
- Liaise with customers and ensure that they are up to date on progress.
- Report back to Service Manager via telephone or computer and keep informed with the progress.
- You will also be required to use a wide variety of testing equipment like Load Cells.
- Advise customers on best possible solutions to ensure that Company Equipment is working to the best of its ability.
- You will be required to complete reports on the ‘Scope of works’ carried out.
- It is envisaged that the successful candidate will have a strong multi skilled background within Electrical / PLC, be able to fault-find and modify PLC Programmes at customer sites; knowledge of one or two PLC suppliers is expected and further training on others will be given.
- Ideally from a Time served apprenticeship.
- Ability to fault find electrical / PLC issues.
- Fully conversant with mechanical drawings, including Electrical / PLC Schematic.
- Flexible attitude - extensive travel worldwide.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Excellent problem solving.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.