Superior Recruitment Group are looking for an experienced EC&I Technician for our client based in London. This is a full time permanent role.
This job description details the requirements for the role of Electrical Technician reporting to the Electrical Engineer.
Primary Purpose of Role
Working as part of an efficient, effective multi-disciplinary site team, ensuring all electrical maintenance routines, defects, repairs and projects at Beckton site are completed in a safe, efficient manner. Thereby meeting contractual targets in accordance with site safety, environmental and quality procedures.
- Complete all assigned tasks, safely, to the required quality and timeframes. Including investigation/troubleshooting, planned repair scopes, preventative and predictive maintenance, and equipment installation.
- Provide EC&I technical support for day to day Engineering and Maintenance activities.
- Troubleshoot assigned EC&I problems, resolving and documenting issues.
- Perform Programmed Maintenance work, Defect rectification, Emergent and Project work relating to rotating and stationary equipment, providing timely feedback and completion of the Electronic Shift Log and the Site CMMS (Agility).
- Produce and improve maintenance procedures, work plans, project scoping documents and contractor work scopes.
- Specify and order assigned spares/replacement equipment in line with site quality procedures. Supervise contractor personnel to ensure all work is technically correct and in accordance with site safety, environmental and quality procedures.
- Work alongside other members of the Engineering and Maintenance/ Operations Team to review method statements, risk assessments & other required safety documentation for fitness for purpose.
- Co-ordinate and monitor assigned maintenance contracts, balancing key business safety and commercial goals and through effective auditing, ensuring quality and safety standards. Understand the requirements of current standards and key legislation, including DSEAR, EAWR & HASAWA, and work to ensure full compliance.
- Update work order records and reports through site CMMS. Assist the operations team with out of hours call out technical support.
- Maintain safety standards at all times following all site safety rules. Develop an understanding of why and how safety rules are applied with particular focus on those based around the ECI&A disciplines.
- Maintain own level of competence completing and applying required training and development activities to enable effective completion of role and responsibilities.
- Portray the role of Electrical Technician in a positive and professional manner.
- Time served apprenticeship with NVQ 3 /equivalent discipline qualification.
- Working in a 24/7 industrial process completing mechanical investigations, troubleshooting, planned repairs, predictive & preventative maintenance, equipment installation, fault finding.
- Use of CMMS to complete accurate reporting, trending and improvement.
- Identification, specification and purchase requisition of spares.
- Producing & contributing to maintenance procedures, work plans, project documents & work scopes.
- Supervising contractor personnel.
- Safe, systems of work: reviewing RAMs & other safety documentation.
- Applying legislation in responsibilities
- 4-20ma, Hart maintenance experience. Maintenance of electrical starters, motor control centres, motors, distributions and earthing systems. Electrical protection methods & testing.
To apply, please submit your up to date CV.