An award-winning Investment Services organisation based in Central London.
Primarily you will be the “go to” person responsible for the end-user facing set of services and form part of the on-site Group IT management team. Reporting into the Head of Group IT Operations and ultimately to the Group IT Director accountable for all services across Group IT.
You will be focused on delivering the on-site desktop managed service outcomes Group IT have committed to, as well as managing customer engagement, reporting escalations, project requirements and proactive continuous improvement. The role is based full-time in Central London and you will be managing a team of field engineers across all 3 location sites in the UK.
- Proactive management of the team members and Service Management tool queues to ensure SLA achievement for Incidents, Requests and Problems;
- Ensuring engineering team focus on proactively managing the end user issues, delivering quality of care, good communication and customer intimacy;
- Proactive review and management of Incident and request volumes to ensure appropriate work is being managed by the EUC team (and shifted back to Service Desk and remote Desktop Support team where required);
- Manage internal team escalations to ensure there are no blockers to delivering great customer service;
- Acting as a single point of contact for customer escalations, requests for preferred service;
- Managing staffing levels required to successful achieve both BAU and project requirements, as well as managing holiday, sickness and backfill management;
- Liaise with employees, clients and suppliers to identify causes of IT issues and implement solutions;
- Maintain and improve customer satisfaction levels;
- Identify potential changes and system improvements to present to IT Support Manager for consideration and implementation;
- Document and maintain operational process procedures ensuring these are up to date;
- Required to complete out of normal office maintenance such as install Windows server updates and progress incidents and service requests as required;
- Personal responsibility for maintaining compliance and adhering to policies and Behaviours;
- Mentor/coach and promote knowledge transfer to other team members.
- Educated to degree level;
- At least 5 years proven experience in an IT Support role dealing with users at all levels;
- A strong manager, with an ability to lead by example and demonstrable experience of prioritising workload;
- ITIL V3 Certified would be recommended.
- Technically competent across Microsoft O 365, Active Directory, Windows Server 2008/ 2012/ 2016, Windows OS 7/ 8/ 10, Office 2010/ 2013/ 2016 and VMWare front end use would be nice;
- Excellent face-to-face, telephone or electronic interaction with clients;
- Effective working with suppliers;
- Flexible for weekly travel (two days a week) between three UK sites;
- Good analytical and investigative skills;
- Ability to be self-sufficient and make logical decisions;
31 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday, defined benefit pension scheme, discretionary group wide bonus, flexi hours and opportunity to work from home.
There is an excellent opportunity to grow your own skills and developing a rewarding career in this organisation.