An award-winning Financial Services organisation based in County Durham.
This is new permanent position reporting into the Head of Corporate Accounting. The team is seen as an “enabler” to the organisation. We are looking for a rising star of the future. Primarily you will ensure the integrity, completeness and accuracy of the corporate accounts general ledger.
- You will be maintaining processes, procedures and controls to provide an efficient and effective corporate accounting function;
- Comfortable providing accurate, timely and complete recording of all transactions within the COA ledger;
- Defining and completing monthly control packs for corporate ledger including the investigation and resolution of any reconciling or unusual items;
- Happy documenting all processes and procedures, including those impacted by the transformation program or by any strategic initiatives affecting finance such as DC drawdown;
- Mutual accounting and reporting.
- Educated to GCSE English and Maths or equivalent;
- Educated to Degree standard;
- Either Newly Qualified, Part Qualified studying professional accounting qualification (CA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or a QBE (qualified by experience) with relatable experience;
- You’ll have great IT skills i.e. Microsoft Excel (intermediate to advanced level);
- Naturally you will be curious, excel analytically and have investigative skills;
- Apt with your communication skills, both verbal and written ability to explain complex tax concepts to a 5 year old
- Refined report writing and presentation skills;
- You will have substance, confident and interpersonal skills are a given;
- Excellent planning and organisation skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to interpret and follow complex tax rulings.
28 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday, private medical insurance, defined benefit pension scheme, 5% discretionary group wide bonus.