Our client, a global EPC company, is looking for an experienced Buyer (Supplier Management) for their UK office based in Aberdeen.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that the procurement service meets the needs of the client and complies with Company policies and procedures and to purchase materials in an efficient, effective and professional manner.
Duties will include but are not limited to:-
- Manage suppliers in line with the client’s Supplier Management Strategies and highlight and address any areas of underperformance.
- Select appropriate suppliers for the materials to be purchased in line with Supplier Management Strategies
- Develop, implement and maintain SRM repository Develop, implement and maintain Supplier Agreements
- Take initiative and drive processes to achieve targets
- Continually research and develop sources of supply for new and/or replacement product
- Ensure that supplier pricing is maintained at agreed levels and that full benefit is obtained for volume discounts and rebates
- Ensure that all materials and services are sourced, priced, purchased and supplied in accordance with Company Business Management System.
- Commit Purchase Orders in a timely and cost efficient manner
- Run and manage MRP report on a daily basis and place any resulting stock orders in a timely manner
- Ensure that all invoice queries are processed, and changes approved, in a timely manner
- Fully understand and contribute to the Purchasing Department‘s targets and objectives.
- Provide management reports and conduct audits in a timely manner
Applicants must meet the following essential criteria to be considered for the role:-
- Previous experience within a Procurement environment
- Experienced in Supplier Management (Managing Supplier performance, Auditing Suppliers, Frame Agreements, Developing new Suppliers etc)
- Knowledge of a variety of Purchasing methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of Industry Supplier base
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel both in writing and verbally. Competent in the use of Microsoft software
- Working knowledge of ERP systems
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to plan and organise workload
- Able to demonstrate a flexible, “can do” approach to their work.
- Ability to use their initiative to drive forward projects and procedures.
To apply, please submit your up to date CV.