An award-winning Financial Services organisation based in County Durham.
This is an exciting opportunity working directly for an impressive Head of IT Security. You will be responsible for developing and managing Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery processes for all business critical services.
Responsibility for the content and applicability of the BC plans rest with the business, this role is to provide templates, guidance, assemble the plans and run tests. Create and mature existing test processes against a framework that assures business and technology resilience.
Primarily you will be responsible for supporting the business and will provide a “facilitator” role to ensure all parties attend exercises and understand their roles so leadership qualities are vital.
- You will have extensive DR and/or application resiliency test experience;
- Experience of coordination and planning tests across technical teams for both infrastructure and applications and an ability to work in a consultative style with none technical business teams and take ownership of tasks;
- A thorough knowledge of recovery planning and testing strategies for Business Continuity and Disaster recovery, backup and resilience;
- Experience of coordination and planning tests across technical teams for both infrastructure and applications;
- Ability to work in a consultative style with none technical business teams;
- Good Working knowledge of Windows platforms, SQL, Storage and Virtual Machines and Citrix environments;
- Thorough understanding of IT Service Management;
- You will be ITIL Certified;
- Demonstrated ability in applying repeatable quality assurance process and methods to meet Business Continuity and Disaster recovery objectives;
- Experience with test plan creation and estimation;
- Strong management, communication, technical and collaboration skills;
- Ability to coordinate across teams;
- Knowledge of ISO22301 standards would be terrific.
31 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday, 5% discretionary group wide bonus, and 10% personal bonus, flexible working as well as a defined benefit pension scheme (equivalent to a Final salary).
There is an excellent opportunity to grow your own skills and developing a rewarding career in this organisation.