A market leading and award-winning managed IT Solutions Company specialised in IT support, Communications, Data Centre Solutions and Hosted Services.
A recognised market leader for delivering excellence, they have the expertise and experience developed across the UK. Providing a personal service to their customers, they continuously have a customer and employee focused vision enabling them to work with a wide range of prestigious organizations across the UK and Europe.
Our client are looking for a passionate Team Leader for their 3rd Line Support team who will work as a key individual within their company. This position is joining an already established 3rd Line Support team and you will be responsible for managing a team of engineers and assisting them in a wide range of technical issues.
You will be immersed within a strong internal structure, working together with all aspects of the business. Supervising, mentoring and developing a team of 3rd line support engineers, you will help manage them through their own career as well as managing critical IT issues.
The role will involve working with the most innovative technologies and be involved with a variety of work – each day will be different. From day one, you will get up to speed with the running of the business to better help your team, actively participate in team and company meetings and take a leading role in their Support structure.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as part of a passionate IT team, in a fast paced and never boring, friendly environment, but hand in hand professional team of employees and management who work to a high standard.
- Reporting into the Escalations Manager, you will be involved in all aspects of 3rd and 2nd line support including technologies such as: Windows Server, VMware, Microsoft Exchange, Hyper-V, Citrix, Linux, Dell and HP Storage and RDS
- You should have a high level of technical skills, which are essential to the role, with a fundamental understanding of Networking, Microsoft Products and Virtualisation.
- Responsible for managing team stats on a weekly basis, presenting SLA, OLA and Incidents/problems resolves to the Escalations manager
- Delivering performance reviews, management meetings and be involved in weekly customer management meetings to discover new ways for the support team to advance
- Actively manage the priority queue for the team and distribute tasks to the correctly skilled employee.
- Your ability to work closely with the company Service Account Managers to continuously look for improvement points for customer infrastructure.
- Being technically strong, you will be an excellent analyst and communicator, apt at analysing/proposing business process improvement and leading the technical support process;
- You will manage critical IT outages with customers and using the Escalations team, to quickly and efficiently resolve the situation
- At least 5 years’ experience in the IT industry, preferably with a background in Technical Support
- Experience within a Management level role or the ability to manage members of your team
- Be a determined and passionate leader for your team and lead by example
- You will be continuously communicating with high level colleagues throughout the business and will therefore need commercial awareness paired with great communication skills
- You will be able to maintain an awareness of new technology
- Strong decision making skills, you will be able to display a willingness to make the hard decisions, exhibit sound and accurate judgement and include appropriate people in the decision-making process
- Your demonstrable technical skills within Microsoft Products, Virtualisation and Networking (communications)
- Come with a passion for all things Support with a capability to manage a team with business analysis and process design;
- High level of technical skills with a fundamental understanding of Networking, Microsoft products and virtualisation
- Knowledge within VMware, Windows Server and networking are essential
- Experience of CCNA/CCNP would be an advantage
- Strong troubleshooting ability with project management knowledge/skills
- Experience within a fast paced support environment or from an MSP background
- Microsoft RDS Deployments, Windows exchange and Windows Server